Finding and joining a vegetarian cooking class is not an easy task. You need to do considerable research and find a class that is suitable for you. If you are looking forward to joining some cooking classes, here are five tips for making the class worth your money and time:
- You know what you are getting into: Before you choose the course, ensure that you have an interest in the subject. Are you sure you want to get in there and learn how to cook vegetarian food? Selecting the vegetarian cooking class that meets your skill set and interest is the key to a successful experience. Be sure that the class is at the level that is appropriate for you. You can judge this by checking up the course guide of the cooking class.
- Fully equipped classroom: Before joining the cooking classes you need to ensure that the classroom is well equipped with quality equipment and well cared for knives. Don’t hesitate to ask for a quick look before you sign up for the cooking class.
- The right style of course: Cooking classes can be categorized into three categories: Demonstration, hands-on, and workshop. Each has its pros and cons. It is a very personal choice and you ought to decide keeping your comfort in mind.
- You will get full meal or tastes: When selecting the cooking class one factor to consider is whether you will get a sit-down at the end of the class to eat the full meal or will you be offered small bites of the dishes prepared during the class. Remember, an opportunity to taste the food must be part of the experience.
- Curriculum: Before you enroll for the cooking classes check the curriculum or menu that you will learn during the class. It will help you make the decision. If you are interested in learning how to make starters or main course and you end up joining the class where you are taught to make parathas, will not give you satisfaction.
- Small group: If you want to enjoy a relaxing cooking experience with more personal attention, then you must look for cooking classes that host no more than six to eight people at a time. Smaller groups ensure an enjoyable and rewarding experience as it allows you to get your hands dirty and learn cooking dishes from beginning to end.
- Look online for reviews for the cooking classes and then choose an ideal cooking class based on the online reviews by past students. It will help you pick the right class and make most of it. Prefer the chef who has years of industry experience and boast of teaching both authentic and fusion food. The Chef at Sattvik Food has also created signature dishes by blending African cooking style with Asian and American culture.
With these tips, you will be able to find the best cooking class and be able to make most of it.