What is the difference between full service and traditional catering?
When you plan to host an event, one of the most challenging things to decide is whether to choose the full service or traditional catering? Both the full service and traditional catering create a unique menu to delight the guests at the party. But this is where the similarity ends. Read below to know about each of them:
- Full Service: These catering partners manage the entire experience of your special event, so you don’t have to worry about anything.
- Traditional catering: These catering partners are right for business meetings and luncheons or casual gatherings. They make sure that your food is delivered fresh and delicious. They provide everything you need to set-up for a hassle-free experience.
Wondering what the difference between these two is? Read below to know more about each:
- Highly organized: With full-service catering companies like Sattvik Food, the party runs smooth, thanks to the professional team. The full service means you will have kitchen staff, bartenders, servers, and the front of the house to set up tables, service area, manage portions, bus away dirty glasses and plates and finally pack everything at the end of the party. While the traditional caterers only set up the buffet tables and display the food. And later clean up and break down the buffet. It is where there work ends. To ensure that the party runs smoothly, you will have to do a lot of running around. You will have to remove lids from platters, manage the portions, clean the dirty glasses and plates, etc. Surely, you will not want to spend your precious time doing these things rather than spending quality time with your family and friends.
- Customized menu: Every event is unique and thus personalized menu, which is specifically designed to complement the unique style or theme of the event, is essential. Sattvik Food, a full service caterer creates the menu keeping the party theme and purpose in consideration and also offer a stylish range of china, glassware, flatware, and linens to make the right impression on the guests. The traditional caterers generally offer a pre-set menu that can quickly be delivered and set up. But you will have to arrange the disposables or pick the rentals for all the other party needs. Managing two vendors is not a child’s play as it involves a lot of planning.
- After the party, no one truly wants to clean up. With full service, the company takes care of everything so you can spend time with your guests or dance the night away. But with traditional catering, you will need to stay after the party for cleanup and pack away rental chinaware and glasses as if kept in the wrong bin they can be easily broken.
For bigger parties, it is best to trust full service catering company to maximize the experience of the guests, make most of your money and most importantly, to preserve your sanity. By hiring a well-known and reliable full service catering company, you will be able to reduce your stress and ensure the success of the event.